WELCOME FROM GASA PRESIDENT
I would like to welcome you to the new Grenada Amateur Swimming Association Web site. We have been waiting many years for this event and are delighted to now offer a site that is comprehensive and user friendly for both local and International swim enthusiasts.
We aim to keep you informed of events our National swimmers attend, qualification criteria for our National team and general information about swim events both home and abroad. The links will give you access to our fellow swim clubs across the Caribbean bringing us closer together as friends in swimming.
Please add your thoughts and suggestions as we want the site to be as informative as possible.
Thank you for your support.
Jane Noel, GASA President
The Aims and Objectives of the Association:
1) To develop and promote swimming, diving, water polo, synchronised swimming, aquatic sports and water safety in the State of Grenada.
2) To become affiliated with the Federation Internationale de Natation Amateur ( F.I.N.A.) and with other regional and international amateur swimming associations.
3) To observe and enforce the rules of swimming as set out in the constitution, rules and regulations of FINA
4) To encourage, regulate and direct competitions and championships foe all amateur swimming in the sate of Grenada and to establish uniform rules for the same.
5) To assist member clubs and organisations to participate in all programmes and activities organised by the Association.
6) To develop and promote the formation of special groups ( i.e. teachers, coaches, trainers, judges etc.) and to provide training for them.
7) To cultivate, develop and maintain good relationships with amateur swimming organisations regionally and internationally
8 )To create and to promote an awareness among its members of the importance of and need for a clean beach and marine environment
9) To carry out all the functions relative to the above aims and objectives that may be deemed necessary from time to time.
Commitment to Anti-Doping
Anti- Doping programmes seek to preserve what is intrinsically valuable about sport. This intrinsic value is often referred to as “The spirit of sport,” it is the essence of Olympism; it is how we play true.
Download full version: GASA Anti-Doping Policy
GASA Anti-Doping rules were created with reference to the “Grenada Aniti-Doping Organisation’s” , “Anti-Doping Rules Version 5.0″, January 2010.
Download full version: Grenada Anti-Doping Organisation’s Anti-Doping Rules, Jan 2010.